- Rapid protocol: Staining in less than 20 minutes following primary antibody incubation. Working solutions can be used immediately after dilution.
- High sensitivity, low background.
- Biotinylated, Universal Pan-Specific secondary antibody recognizes mouse, rabbit, and goat primary antibodies as well as those from related species such as rat, bovine, and sheep.*
- Available in Ready-To-Use (R.T.U) format: Prediluted, stabilized working solutions of VECTASTAIN[R] Universal Quick Kit reagents provide the same high sensitivity and low background as the concentrated VECTASTAIN[R] Universal Kit.
*Do not use the pan-specific secondary antibody to stain rat, mouse or other rodent, rabbit, goat, bovine, or sheep tissue due to potential reactivity with endogenous IgG. Kit Contents:
Each of the stabilized, prediluted reagents are supplied in dropper bottles.
- 1.2 ml peroxidase-streptavidin complex
- 2.2 ml biotinylated, universal pan-specific antibody (anti-mouse/rabbit/goat IgG)
- 6 ml normal horse serum
Sufficient reagents to stain approximately 250-500 sections.
With more than 50,000 citations to its credit, the VECTASTAIN[R] ABC kit remains widely popular. Based on the versatile avidin-biotin complex interaction, the system is modular, and along with our selection of secondary antibodies, can accommodate a wide array of primary antibody and tissue species. Our ABC kits are economical and continue to be a staple product in any immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunocytochemistry (ICC) laboratory.
Peroxidase substrates produce sharp, dense precipitates with crisp localization. These characteristics, in conjunction with the high sensitivity and low background of the VECTASTAIN[R] ABC systems, make the peroxidase enzyme a preferred choice in many applications. (eg. In neural tissue, the peroxidase system is often preferred because it gives more consistent labeling of both cell bodies and processes.)
VECTASTAIN[R] Universal Quick Kits
The VECTASTAIN[R] Universal Quick Kit is designed for rapid immunohistochemical staining of tissue sections. The kit relies on a proprietary preformed peroxidase-streptavidin complex to achieve outstanding sensitivity with short incubation times.