Unmasking in an Autoclave
Using an autoclave can avoid hot spots as seen in microwave methods so the heating is generally more even with this method.
- Cut & mount sections on coated slides - VECTABOND, Poly L-Lysine or APES coatings are recommended.
- Add dewaxed and rehydrated sections to a metal or plastic slide rack and completely immerse slides in around 250ml unmasking solution. Cover with a lid to avoid evaporation.
- Place container in autoclave and close autoclave.
- Set temperature (in general to 120°C) for desired time (normally 10-20 minutes) and start.
- Release pressure, then quickly (and carefully avoiding steam) remove container from the autoclave
- Cool to room temperature with cooled water before removing slides from solution.
Commercially available high & low pH antigen unmasking solutions are suitable for this method. To get a quote for the products or to place an order, please email Sales@2BScientific.com.