A slow but still effective way to heat sections to the required temperature for unmasking. This method may take twice as long as microwave methods for comparable staining.
- Cut & mount sections on coated slides - VECTABOND , Poly L-Lysine or APES coatings are recommended.
- Deparaffinize sections and rehydrate to distilled water
- Fill steamer reservoir with distilled water
- Add a vessel with the retrieval solution to the steaming chamber.
- Heat until the system & retrieval buffer is equilibrated to 95°C (about 75 minutes for 200ml retrieval solution)
- Add sections & steam for 20-40 minutes
- Remove sections and retrieval buffer from the steamer & allow to cool for 20 minutes at room temperature. Be careful to avoid scalds from the steam.
- Rinse in distilled water.
- Continue with immunohistochemistry protocol.
Monitor the steamer reservoir during use to ensure it does not boil dry.
Commercially available high & low pH antigen unmasking solutions are suitable for this method.
To get a quote for the products or to place an order, please email Sales@2BScientific.com.