More information about Photon Biosciences
Safely Inactivate Samples and Preserves High Quality DNA/RNA
Molecular Transport Media (MTM) designed for microbial inactivation and preserving the nucleic acids for testing by PCR.
Molecular Transport Media (MTM) has been demonstrated to completely inactivate viruses including SARS-CoV-2, Adenovirus, Foot and Mouth Disease, African Swine
fever, and Blue Tongue), bacteria (e. coli, MRSA, and P. aeruginosa), fungi (C. albicans, A. niger), and parasites (Cryptosporidium*). Multiple studies have demonstrated that PrimeStore® MTM reduces Bacillus spores by three to four logs. Samples suspected of containing spores should be treated as though viable spores remain.
- The original FDA-cleared inactivation media proven effective for High Throughput and Point of Care SARS-CoV-2, Influenza, and Multiplex testing.
- Validated for shipping at up to 120 Degrees Fahrenheit without refrigeration or cold packs.
- PrimeStore® MTM is the only media on the US FDA preferred list that inactivates SARS-CoV-2 during the collection and transit stage.
- The device can be used for molecular testing and sequencing of blood, plasma, respiratory samples, urine, tissues and stool in human, animal, avian, plant and environmental forensics. *No bead beating or heating required
- The cold chain is not needed for transportation from collection to the laboratory. It disrupts/lyses lipid membranes, destroys proteins and enzymes, inactivates nucleases and proteases, inactivates infectious biological pathogens, including gram-positive/negative bacteria and viruses, and preserves/stabilizes ‘naked’ RNA/DNA at elevated temperatures.
- Unlike standard devices for collecting and transporting biological samples, PrimeStore® MTM begins to inactivate pathogens, proteins and enzymes immediately upon insertion, allowing the sample to be tested right away or shipped at ambient temperature to a testing facility anywhere in the world. In one independent study, it showed stability for a 117-day average from sample collection to extraction.
- PrimeStore® Molecular Transport Medium (MTM), is a patented, FDA approved, state-of-the-art ambient temperature (including temperatures up to 140°F) molecular diagnostic collection and transport device. It was designed to help governments, global health organizations and drug manufacturers improve the diagnosis and treatment of highly infectious diseases.
- PrimeStore® MTM is the only media on the FDA preferred list that inactivates SARS-CoV-2 during the collection and transit stage. This allows safe transportation at ambient temperature, handling and processing samples in laboratories, clinics, doctor’s offices and hospitals without the need of Biological Safety Cabinets (BSC) and prevents potential infection hazard to the testing staff.
- Over 30 million tubes of PrimeStore® MTM have been sold to clients around the world during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
- FDA-cleared as a Class II Predicate Device. The FDA has identified PrimeStore® MTM as a Class II microbial nucleic acid storage and stabilization device. FDA 510(k) clearance is a worldwide recognized standard in stringent, unbiased, and transparent regulatory review for medical devices, and is crucial to instilling confidence in new products and technologies.
As the only US FDA cleared product for microbial nucleic acid storage and stabilization, clients can have confidence that PrimeStore MTMÒ provides safer and more reliable testing than UTM/VTM, saline, or research use only devices. Laboratories have independently validated PrimeStore MTMÒ in a wide range of platforms. To take advantage of the microbial inactivation and RNA stabilization qualities of PrimeStore MTMÒ, users can safely test on a wide variety of high throughput and point of care platforms from companies including Roche, Thermo Fisher, BioMerieux, Qiagen, Perkin Elmer, Genmark, BD, Abbott and Cepheid, as well as sequencing platforms from Thermo Fisher and Illumina.
*PrimeStore® MTM should not be used with the Hologic Panther System due to a disinfecting step involving bleach that is specific to that platform. PrimeStore® MTM, like most lysis buffers and nucleic acid purification reagents, contains Guanidine. Bleach and guanidine create cyanide gas which is why most molecular lab protocols use ethanol based decontamination and cleaning solutions rather than bleach.
PrimeStore MTM Tube Sizes