Due to the nature of its ligands, NKG2D has been found to be involved in the detection and elimination of transformed or infected cells. NKG2D works as an activating receptor for NK cells, inducing cytotoxicity. It is also able to activate CD8+ T cells by sending them send co-stimulatory signals.
For these reasons, NKG2D plays a role in the anti-tumour surveillance, the immune response against viral infection, and in diabetes progression in NOD mice. Previous studies have shown that CX5 is a non-depleting antibody, which blocks binding of NKG2D to its ligands and mediates internalization of the receptor.
CD314 related antibodies from preferred suppliers:
- BE0334 InVivoMAb Rat anti-mouse NKG2D (CD314), Clone: CCX5, IgG1 kappa - The CX5 monoclonal antibody reacts with mouse NKG2D, a type II transmembrane lectin-like glycoprotein also known as CD314. In mice, NKG2D is expressed on NK cells, NKT cells, CD8 T cells, γ/δ T cells, and macrophages. In humans, it is expressed by NK cells, γδ T cells and CD8+ αβ T cells.
- SM2260R - anti CD314 / KLRK1 monoclonal antibody, clone1D11, PE conjugated - This antibody is specific for CD314 also known as natural killer receptor G2 (NKG2D) and as killer cell lectin-like receptor subfamily K, member 1 (KLRK1). Clone 1D11 is reported to inhibit T cell recognition of MICA (1,6).
CD314 related proteins:
- ATMP01618HU - Human NKG2D/CD314 recombinant protein from Mammalian cells - A DNA sequence encoding the human KLRK1(Phe78-Val216) was fused with the N-terminal His Tag
- ATGP1818 - Human NKG2D Recombinant Protein - KLRK1 is an activating receptor that has recently generated considerable interest. The most intriguing of these are a pair of closely related proteins called MICA and MICB. These are cell-surface molecules distantly related to MHC class I proteins, and the genes possess elements of heat shock promoters. MICA and MICB, therefore, are expressed during cell stress and are up-regulated in tumor cells and during viral infections. This receptor-ligand combination may play a critical role in the immune response to a variety of pathologies. Recombinant human KLRK1 protein, fused to His-tag at N-terminus, was expressed in E. coli.
CD314 related ELISA
- CSB-EL012474HU - Human NKG2-D type II integral membrane protein ELISA kit - Function as an activating and costimulatory receptor involved in immunosurveillance upon binding to various cellular stress-inducible ligands displayed at the surface of autologous tumor cells and virus-infected cells. Provides both stimulatory and costimulatory innate immune responses on activated killer (NK) cells, leading to cytotoxic activity. Acts as a costimulatory receptor for T-cell receptor (TCR) in CD8(+) T-cell-mediated adaptive immune responses by amplifying T-cell activation.
Stimulates perforin-mediated elimination of ligand-expressing tumor cells. Signaling involves calcium influx, culminating in the expression of TNF-alpha. Participates in NK cell-mediated bone marrow graft rejection. May play a regulatory role in differentiation and survival of NK cells. Binds to ligands belonging to various subfamilies of MHC class I-related glycoproteins including MICA, MICB, RAET1E, RAET1G, RAET1L/ULBP6, ULBP1, ULBP2, ULBP3 (ULBP2>ULBP1>ULBP3) and ULBP4.