With more than 60,000 citations to its credit, Vector Laboratories' VECTASTAIN® Avidin-Biotin Complex Staining Kits (ABC Kits) exploit the high-affinity avidin-biotin interaction for reliable, highly sensitive detection of any biotinylated molecule.
Use these kits to visualize biotinylated antibodies, lectins, neuronal tracers, nucleic acids, and ligands in applications such as:
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunocytochemistry (ICC)
- Protein and nucleic acid blot detection
- In situ hybridization detection (ISH)
- Enzyme immunoassays (ELISAs)
- Neuronal tracing
Use the VECTASTAIN ABC system if you are looking for:
- High sensitivity with low background — due to the form and number of active enzyme molecules associated with the avidin/biotinylated enzyme complex
- Versatility — detect any molecule that is biotinylated in a wide variety of applications and used in a number of tissue types and species
- Modularity — configure for compatibility with a large number of different primary antibodies and target species, and choose among a selection of detection enzymes
- Convenience and economy — use the avidin-biotin enzyme complexes for several days after preparation
VECTASTAIN ABC systems are widely popular and are a staple product for immunodetection. They are available with horseradish peroxidase (HRP) or alkaline phosphatase (AP) enzyme detection.
- The HRP kits produce sharp, dense precipitates with crisp localization and are a preferred choice for many applications. The Elite ABC series is aproximately 5 times more sensitive than the original VECTASTAIN ABC kit with the same low background.
- The AP kits are ideal when working with tissues with high endogenous peroxidase activity
Both systems are available without (standard kit) or with biotinylated secondary antibodies.