VECTASHIELD PLUS is the second generation of the best in class antifade mounting media—VECTASHIELD, which has over 60,000 references. This unique, stable formula for preserving fluorescence inhibits rapid photobleaching of fluorescent proteins and fluorescent dyes. This new non-setting formulation has been engineered to provide consistent, reliable signal retention of all commonly used fluorophores (from the visible to the far red) and eliminate blue background. VECTASHIELD PLUS enables you to see and do more with each experiment.
Why VECTASHIELD PLUS Mounting Media?
- No inherent toning or background
- Superior signal retention from the visible to the far red spectrum
- Compatible with commonly used fluorophores
- Ideal refractive index (1.45)
- Easy & Ready to use, requires no warming
- Mounted sections can be viewed in 1 hour
- Available with or without DAPI counterstain
- Can be purchased in 2 convenient sizes - 2ml or 10 ml
Download the product guide here!
VECTASHIELD is available in a number of formats, the Venn diagram above shows the recommended applications for each. Vectashield PLUS and VECTASHIELD Vibrance are recommended where a broad spectrum of fluorophores are to be used, or if the fluorophores are towards the far red. See the full details on the Vector website.