Specificity for complex carbohydrate groups and other unique properties have made lectins powerful tools for researchers. Vector Labs offers you over 150 lectin binding assays for:
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Immunocytochemistry (ICC)
- Immunofluorescence (IF)
- Blotting applications
- ELISAs and more
All lectins are highly purified and subjected to intensive quality control to ensure you have the best lectins available on the market.
Lectin validation data from the NCFG
The National Center for Functional Glycomics (NCFG), with the support of the NIH Common Fund for Glycosciences, is screening a selection of Vector Labs's lectins. Using the Consortium for Functional Glycomics (CFG) glycan arrays, the NCFG analyzes the glycan specificity of each of our lectin lots, and provides these detailed lectin-glycan binding data to you on the NCFG website.
The goal of this NCFG project is to support rigorous and reproducible glycobiology experiments.
These data provide uniquely valuable insights into the glycan structures on the glycoproteins you are studying:
- Binding specificity of each lectin, for each of the hundreds of glycan structures in the array
- Data tabulated and conveniently summarized as a binding array, with peak height indicating degree of binding for each glycan
- Specific and detailed data on complex carbohydrate structure
- Lot-specific data — for confidence in the reproducibility of your binding data
For more information on Lectins, Vector Laboratories have produced a 'Lectin Application & Resource Guide' which is available on line, or you can request a printed copy directly from us.