CARD HyperOva® (Superovulation Reagent for mouse) (Japanese Patent No. 5927588) is an ultra-superovulation reagent that is 3-4 times more efficient at inducing ovulation than the conventional PMSG-hCG method (80 ova per C57BL/6 mouse versus approximately 20). CARD HyperOva® is also effective with many other strains. Even further gains in efficiency can be realized by using CARD MEDIUM® during the IVF procedure.
Order Now More Cosmo Bio Products
- Inject 0.1-0.2 mL CARD HyperOva® i.p. into a 26-30 days old female mouse (birthdate = 0). Injections are usually performed during the light cycle, between 17:00 and 18:00.
- At 48 hours after CARD HyperOva® recipients are injected i.p. with 7.5 IU human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) (not included).
Why Use CARD HyperOva®?
- Reduce Animal Use (contribute to the 3Rs of animal welfare: Replacement, Reduction, Refinement)
- Using CARD HyperOva® can reduce the number of oocyte donor mice by a factor of 1/3-1/4.
- Optimize creation and preservation of genetically modified mice.
- More ova from fewer mice using CARD HyperOva® facilitates in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer.
- More ova from fewer mice using CARD HyperOva® enables the large-scale preparation of embryos.
- Get more done!
For information on techniques for mouse spermatozoa cryopreservation, spermatozoa thawing, in vitro fertilization and obtaining pups through embryo transfer, please refer to the CARD website: http://card.medic.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/card/english/sigen/index.html