Our supply partner produces custom antibodies that detect previously ‘hard to find’ substances with speed and precision. Our partner's technology is easy to use and has wide application across multiple sectors.
So who would use these products?
- a fruit farmer testing for the presence of specific pesticides on fresh fruit for export
- a livestock farmer testing for disease in animals
- an environmental agency testing for the presence of specific contaminants in water
- a doctor looking for disease markers in a blood sample from one of her patients
What’s different about these antibodies?
Our partner uses the unique properties of the alpaca immune system to make antibodies that are smaller, more heat stable and more easily adaptable than the vast majority of our competitors. They utilise the heavy chain only properties of alpaca antibodies to make antibodies to detect a wide variety of substances, including:
- Carbohydrate moieties
- Chemical compounds
Recombinant antibodies can be easily modified enabling the addition of user friendly tags for:
- Flow cytometry
- Western blot
- In vivo imaging of animals and humans
- Use on biosensor chips for immunodiagnostics
- Use in immunotherapy for animals and humans via antibody drug conjugates